120ml/4fl.oz. Olive Oil
2 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
3 large Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
3 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
1 level tbsp Sweet Paprika
2 teasp Ground Turmeric
1/8 teasp crushed Saffron Threads
4 x White fish fillets, (e.g. Halibut or Orange Roughy)
450g/1lb Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
675g/1-1/2 lb Tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Lemon, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground Pepper
1 Red Capsicum (sweet pepper), deseeded and cut into strips
about 6mm/1/4-inch wide
24 Kalamata Olives
Freshly chopped Parsley to garnish
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in shallow dish. Add the fish
and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Arrange
the carrot slices over bottom of shallow glass baking dish. Layer half
tomatoes, half the onion and half the lemon slices over the top. Season
with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the marinade from fish and reserve. Arrange
the fish on top of the lemon slices then top the fish with layers of the remaining
tomato, onion and lemon slices as before. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange the strips of red pepper and olives over the top, pour
over the reserved marinade, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Increase oven temperature to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and bake
further for 25 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with extra chopped
recipes source (with permission):