100g/4oz dried Prunes, pre-soaked in water overnight
100g/4oz dried Apricots, pre-soaked in water overnight
50g/2oz Sultanas, pre-soaked overnight in 90ml/3fl.oz. Rum
125g/5oz Caster Sugar
100g/4oz Plain Flour
25g/1oz Unsalted Butter
50g/2oz Blanched Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease a
shallow ovenproof dish about 20 x 30 x 5cm/8x12x2 inches using unsalted butter.
2. Heat the milk until hot but do not let it boil.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and the sugar then
add the eggs and beat with a wooden spoon or whisk to form a smooth batter.
4. Slowly add the hot milk to the batter, beating all the time.
Mix well then add the rum from the sultanas.
5. Drain the apricots and prunes and spread evenly in the greased
dish together with the sultanas.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the fruit, dot with butter and bake
for 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the nuts over the top then return to the oven for a
further 10-15 minutes until the top is golden brown and the pudding is set.
Serve hot or cold.
recipes source (with permission):