15g/ 1/2oz Dry Active Yeast
1-1/2 teasp Salt
450g/1lb Strong White Flour
1. Lightly flour a baking tray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the water, honey and yeast and
allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Make
a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix well to make a
firm dough then transfer to a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
4. Form the dough into a round loaf, place on the baking tray and
leave in a warm place to rise until it doubles in size (about 30 minutes).
5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
6. Transfer the loaf on the tray to the oven and bake for about
45 minutes. Allow to cool before using.
Makes 1 round loaf
recipes source (with permission):