6 Chicken Breasts, skinned
1 tbsp Ground Cumin
2 teasp Paprika
1 teasp freshly chopped Ginger
1 teasp Turmeric
5 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
25g/1oz freshly chopped Coriander
The juice of 2 Lemons
1 teasp Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Black Pepper
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
30 Mixed black and green Olives
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chickpeas
240ml/8fl.oz Chicken Stock
1. Place the cumin, paprika, ginger, turmeric, garlic, coriander,
lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add the chicken breasts, mix well to coat, cover and marinate
for half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
4. After the marinating time, place the chickpeas in a large
ovenproof casserole. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving
the liquid and place the chicken over the top of the chickpeas pushing the lemon
wedges in between.
5. Pour the reserved marinade, chicken stock, tomatoes and olives
over the chicken which should be just covered by the liquid. Bake,
uncovered, for 75 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is
well cooked. Serve hot.
recipes source (with permission):